01 Jun Can anything be done to prevent rip off prices? 3M are trying to prevent it!
3M have released a press statement to let everyone know that they haven’t increased the price for 3M respirators as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
With that in mind what can be done about the people that have hiked the prices up to ridiculous levels? Below is the price list for N95 gloves as supplied by 3M.
A spokesman for 3M has said that they,
- 3M has not changed the prices we charge for 3M respirators as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Are actively working to eliminate price gouging, including making referrals to law enforcement where appropriate.
- To help customers identify and avoid inflated prices, we are now publishing current single-case list prices for many of the most common 3M N95 respirator models sold in the U.S.
- List prices for these models sold in Canada are similar on a currency-adjusted basis.
- These list prices are per respirator.
- Actual prices may be lower than these list prices, as negotiated between you and your chosen reseller.
3M have also created a new 3M COVID-19 Fraud hotline for the U.S. and Canada that end-users and purchasers of 3M products can call for information to help detect fraud and avoid counterfeit products.
You can reach this hotline by calling: 1 (800) 426-8688.
In addition to the hotline, you can report a concern in the US at www.3m.com/covidfraud.
3M recommends purchasing our products only from a 3M authorised distributor or dealer, as that offers the greatest assurance that you will receive authentic 3M products.