08 Apr Introducing the e-fab
First Aid Always within reach
Your workers are the most important and valuable asset you have and ensuring they have access to emergency first aid without compromising their safety is essential.
Remote workers labour in high-risk situations; it may be high up on scaffolding, on an offshore installation, near speeding vehicles on motorways and railways, or suspended high in the air carrying out rope access activities.
When an accident occurs it is imperative that emergency equipment is near to hand.
The E-FAB is a great way of ensuring you always have access to emergency first aid without compromising the safety and effectiveness of your hard hat.
The E-FAB does not Compromise the Effectiveness of the Hard Hat –
- E-FAB follows safety guidelines to protect the integrity of your hard hat.
- We use water-based pressure-sensitive adhesive velcro to uphold your hat’s dielectric classification and structure.
E-FAB Contents –
- Low adherent dressings: 5 × 5 cm (2 × 2 in) and 7.5 × 7.5 cm (3 × 3 in)
- Non woven adhesive dressing: 6 × 7 cm (2 3⁄8 × 2 3⁄4 in)
- Washproof plasters: 4 × 4 cm (1 1⁄2 × 1 1⁄2 in), 7.5 × 2.5 cm (3 × 1 in) and 7.5 × 5 cm (3 × 2 in)
- Resuscitation face shield
- Cleansing wipes
- Latex free gloves: size medium (other sizes available upon request)
- Wound closure: 6.4 × 76 mm (1⁄4 × 3 in) × 3 strips
- Triangular bandage
- Burn bag
- Burn gel
In Case of Emergency –
The finger loop allows you to pull out the bag without risking taking off your hard hat
- To remove the E-FAB: grasp the brim of your hat while simultaneously pulling down the finger loop at the back
- Open the bag and tear open the sealed insert
- Immediately be able to assist yourself or colleagues
Listen to co-founder Jonathan Parkin discussing the creation of the E-FAB and much more.
Want to find out more? Check out the E-Fab listing on The PPE Directory.